We are a competitive company, socially and environmentally responsible, in constant technological evolution and within the reach of the whole community of the agricultural sector, it is located in the municipality of Tenjo, just 35 minutes from the city of Bogotá, capital of Colombia, whose purpose is production and marketing of all the products and sub-products that are generated with the management and use of the red Californian.
Our experience in the agricultural sector allows us to provide training, advice, consultancy and technical assistance for the assembly, production and marketing of products derived from vermiculture.
Lombricultura de Tenjo is a company dedicated to the production and commercialization of products derived from vermicompost that applies technology for the sake of productivity to meet the needs of organic products in the agricultural sector at local, departmental and national level; is also an entity committed to the integral and sustainable development of the Colombian agrarian sector.
Lombricultura de Tenjo is a consolidated company in the agricultural sector at national and international level that applies policies of innovation and technological development based on social and environmental responsibility, to promote the production and commercialization of organic fertilizers and by-products with broad participation in the agricultural market making an active part of rural Colombian development.
Principles and values
Lombricultura de Tenjo is characterized by generating a fair and favorable environment of work to fully comply with the client’s own requirements. We identify teamwork, responsibility, compliance and transparency in each work carried out by each of the members of the organization.
Lombricultura de Tenjo was established on January 1, 2004 in Chince village in the municipality of Tenjo; During the time since its establishment it has developed activities that go through to mitigate or alleviate the damage and environmental impact generated by solid waste in the environment, through the use of vermiculture and composting for the treatment of organic waste, considered as garbage , for recycling in the form of organic fertilizers or soil conditioners (granules and liquids), proteins and (breeding ground, bait for fishing and earthworm meal).
Lombricultura de Tenjo:
– It has recycled about 91,404 tonnes of municipal organic waste and market places.
– It has produced 800 tons of compost for use as food for its breeding grounds.
– It has produced 1,523 tons of lombricompost (Humus) for use as an organic fertilizer in crop production.
– It has produced 2,849 liters of liquid humus for use as a liquid organic fertilizer in crop production.
– During its years of existence and experience it has supplied 32,174 kg (32 tonnes) of worm breeding stock for use in new worm farms.
– It has trained about 1100 students in all technical aspects related to worm farming projects.
12 Educational institutions have carried out pedagogical and ecological visits, which were able to know which processes are necessary to obtain humus, and on the importance of recycling organic solid waste and how this management (vermicomposting and composting) influences the reduction of pollution of the environment and its conservation motivating the participants in the need to care for and respect nature by understanding the forms of protection.
He has provided 58 personalized consultancies in the design, establishment and production of worm farms in different territories of the country.
It has participated in 7 international agro-expo fairs since 2001
- Tenho worms has received international advice from PUM Netherlands, expert partners, an organization that provides assistance to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and transmits technical, professional or general management skills.
- The National University together with the Mayor’s Office of Bogota and the network of innovative entrepreneurs, I made a counseling for 6 months, in the part of commercial and service improvement.
- Also through the CAR Regional Autonomous Corporation and the Chamber of Commerce of Bogota CCB and its subsidiary Corporación Ambiental Empresarial La CAEM
There was a diploma in strengthening local capacities in cleaner production and green markets. Lombricultura de Tenjo has been trained in 4 composting and vermiculture congresses held in different cities of Colombia, which has allowed to increase the technical knowledge in these areas.
University of Magdalena (15-19 November 2012)
National University 4 Nal Congress of industrial composting (1 and 2 March 2012)
Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá Corporate environmental regulations (June 5, 2013)
Corporación Colombiana de Investigación Agropecuaria CORPOICA (March 13-14, 2012)
Lombricultura de Tenjo, history of a company that was born in Tenjo
Five years ago, the agronomist Norberto Díaz Mendoza faced a dilemma, because he did not know what to do with the excreta of the animals he raised on his tenjo farm and decided to use them as the basis for the cultivation of red worms.
This was the beginning of the company Lombricultura de Tenjo, which at the end of the year exported to Spain 52 tons of compounds derived from worm farming and is preparing to meet new orders.
The experience gained by Diaz Mendoza as a technician of ICA and Corpoica were fundamental to start the company, which currently sells about 20 tons of products per month in pastel colors of the California red worm, solid fertilizer and liquid humus.
The SME sells its products in the savanna cundiboyacence and part of the eastern plains and prepares to expand towards the coast.